Book reading with the Authors-Afadjato



On the 10th of April 2024, Vanessa Vanderpuye a final year student of the African University College of Communication hosted a show with some authors of the Afadjato book.

The program was held at the Ama Atta Aidoo Centre at 2:30pm, some students were around to ask questions and know more about this authors.

This authors elaborated us more on the motivations behind their stories, reasons why they chose their casts and topics for the stories. 


The three authors namely Ursula Abanga( the lady in the middle), Benjamin Cyril Arthur( the man) and Akorfa Dawson, threw more light on their characters.

“ I took my story from the saloon” Benjamin had said, the author said his mom is a half voltairian so she often goes there but as for him he hasn’t been there before. Mostly his mom tells him about the places she has been to in Volta and how life goes on around there. He felt a bit happy and nervous when he was given the opportunity to write this story, “this brought a close bound between my mom and I in a weird way” he added. 

Ursula also went ahead to talk about how she has traveled around the Volta lake severally due to his step dad, “my mother’s husband comes from Keta Krachi so I have a personal experience with the lake” she had said. 

“Coming from the Volta Region I thought it would be  great to have a story from my route”, Akorfa concluded.

With so many questions been asked Akorfa’s made it known to us that her story’s main focus was about child labour aspect but writing it other things came up like how more importance is given to sons over daughters.
 Ursula’s story was about how the water cycle is comparing it to a small boy and also she tried to confuse her leaders too but her themes happens incidental. Benjamin wrote his story based on themes, he observed most of the things he wrote as a story from how ladies goes to the salon and gossip about things.


“I selected my characters from the salon, it was easier for me to write this story” Benjamin said. 

Getting stacked in the middle while’s writing this story my best friend and house mates helped me in writing this story Ursula had said. “ I chose my characters by liking the names of people I meet on my way” Akorfa added. 

During the book reading a special guest Miss Alberta was welcomed, she joined the book reading and played in the games.

The program ended successfully with some students asking questions about the book.

Link to the video 


https://www.facebook.com/share/v/aRxYQnSPoi6YcnDM/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confirmed Covid-19 cases (March 2020-June 2022)

The scare of an abandoned tower

Importance of Ethical considerations in digital journalism