Week2- Fact checking exercise

  

In my experience over the years as a journalist I have seen many false news circulating on social media, but there was one news circulating which I watched on light Tv during their entertainment review on with it headline“Kofi Kinaata dating Yvonne Nelson” this caught my attention. I was really surprised so I had to do my own fact check to get the news right.

 

 

I had to go through most of the news sites like, celebrity news ,entertainment news and celebrity Gossip but couldn’t get the exact information.

I went to social media to check their  Facebook profiles, but I didn’t see any pictures of the two on Mzvee’s profile. But on Kofi Kinaata’s profile there was a post of him wishing Mzvee on her birthday on the 23rd June 2021 saying,” my love for her simplicity and decency is unmatched, happy birthday Daavee”. That was where I saw how this whole thing came up, this got everyone saying Kofi Kinaata was dating Mzvee.





 

I found an interview between Yvonne Nelson and Abeiku Santana on Okay Fm(101.7 FM) Facebook page on 22/09/23. This was where I heard everything well, Abeiku asked Yvonne if the rumors going out is true but she stated clearly that “if you want it to be true and if that will make him happy then it’s true”.

During the interview she said Kofi is a funny guy and he always makes her laugh, but he is a comedian due to the posts she sees him posting about her, Abeiku just shouted and declared that the two artist where going out, but Yvonne Nelson said “we are going out if you want us to but you guys should show us where we went on a date and how long we’ve been dating” the host didn’t let the guest speaker express herself well.


 https://fb.watch/oNRiKBEr3m/?mibextid=v7YzmG


All of her statements during her interview shows that the two are not going out and the rumors are false news, I conclude on my findings by saying this because of all that she said during her interview because the host was forcing it on her. “ we are dating if you want us to” Yvonne had said which clearly shows that they are not going out but it’s just rumors. Also there is no official statement on any of their social media profiles.

Comments

Miss Vic said…
Lovely write up keep it up
👌

Popular posts from this blog

Confirmed Covid-19 cases (March 2020-June 2022)

The scare of an abandoned tower

Importance of Ethical considerations in digital journalism